Our approach towards the quality assurance related with the project will categorize as follows as the same is usually implementing in the projects.
The main objective of the quality assurance as our company is concerned is about being in control of all major areas of project so that we can assure the quality in all the areas. Being in control also reduces variation, which improves quality. Control and variation reduction is accomplished using various methods.
- Numerical Data: - Control and variation reduction is established by statically evaluating the process capability and then controlling the process via process control charts using statistical process control.
- Non Numerical Data: - Control and variation is also reduced by instituting systematic methods (Quality procedures). We referred this also to systematizing, standarzing or procedurising the key aspects of the project.
The following quality system is adopted to control the project to ensure the quality of the project.
- Document Control: - To ensure employees have the correct procedures and the procedures are properly maintained.
- Audits: - To verify quality procedures are being used.
- Non conformance tracking: - To monitor and track quality issues to ensure the defects are kept from our customer.
- Corrective action and preventive action: - To correct quality procedures when detected via audits and non-conformance tracking to prevent defects from re occurring.
- Management review: - Reviewing quality system data (performance, quality metrics) to determine the quality system is working and if it is not, taking the appropriate action to improve the system.
Our approach towards the quality control is towards the procedures and methods employed at the production and administrative levels and under the jurisdiction of the engineer of record, to produce the desired result of quality work.
Our quality control plan is the documentation of work for delivering the level of construction quality required as per the contract specifications. We always refer to the plans and the specification to define the outcome of the project. We have set the following elements as the key points to achieve the level of quality required as per the required drawings and the specifications. Generally all the supervisory staff involved is responsible to achieve and maintain the quality matters as required by the project with the leadership of project manager level.
Adequate Inspection system: - Inspection of the construction is the foundation and basis for all contract requirements dealing with the quality control and assurance is concerned. This will be maintained by implementing proper inspection procedures as required by the project liaising with the consultant prior to the starting of the project. The various stages of inspection will be mutually agreed together with the consultant to ensure all the quality aspects are met as required by the nature of the project. Some of the critical elements which requires inspection are as follows
- Review of all contract documents.
- Ensure compliance of component material to contract requirements
- Submittals verification in line with the contract requirements.
- Ensure the capability of equipments and personnel’s to comply with the requirements
- Ensure the preliminary tests are carried out.
- Co ordinate survey to ensure the property limit.
- Review of contract requirements with personnel who will perform the work as decided by the management.
- Inspect and establish the start ups and the standards of workmanship.
- Provide necessary training to personnel involved if required to meet the quality level.
- Establish detailed testing schedule in line with the inspection benchmarks based on the nature of the project.
- Conduct intermittent and continuous inspection during construction to identify the correct deficiencies.
- Inspect complete phases before the consultants to ensure the level of quality achieved and to provide feedback and system changes to the consultants to prevent the repeated deficiencies in the future.